My overwhelming desire to transform my life is stronger than ever now.
As I think about why I desire to change my life, I realize that it is my innate desire to improve or be better. I believe the process of transforming is really synonomous with living your life. I believe that some people do this passively, while others go through life anticipating every moment with zeal. I am the latter. I could never just sit and coast through life. I need a project or something to always be in existence for me to feel alive. I have been this way since I was a small child. When I reflect upon the patterns in my life, I know I have always been a ‘busy with activity’ person. I actually feed off of having something going on in my life at all times.
I realize that just being busy and having a lot of “stuff” going on in my life is no longer enough. Now, I need RESULTS to place on my mantle. I need accomplishment. This ties back to my previous posts about finishing what I start.
Here is what I am considering about me in my effort to be more results oriented (random thoughts in no specific order of priority):
- It takes 21 days to create a habit.
- I hate paper, because it creates unnecessary clutter.
- I am best early in the morning as opposed to the evening after a long workday.
- I hate time clocks, schedules, and structure period.
- I love food!
- I talk alot on the phone (not always a productive activity).
- My husband and I are complete personality opposites (which is cool).
- My son is a momma’s boy for sure (which is also cool).
- I don’t like the notion of credit, because paying it back later is inconvenient.
- I am obsessed with buying purses and books (hard/soft back or ebooks – doesn’t matter).
- I love people watching. I enjoy trying to figure out who they are and what their life is like from a distance.
- I appreciate funky eclectic styles as opposed to matching and modern.
- I love to get to know people for who they truly are and not the surface stuff they want you to see.
- I am communal most times, but like my private quiet time too.
- My faith in God is strong.
- I believe messages come from God on billboards, words of friends, radio stations and every form of communication that the mind can perceive.
- Communication in general is super important to me. I often share my thoughts to get reactions from others.
- Exercise is a chore for me.
- Through my thoughts, I often challenge myself to be and do better.
- I can be judging, overbearing, and animated at times – something I have often self-corrected over the years – so much better now!!!.
- The thoughts keep coming….
Well, this is a good enough list to get started with. I want to start my tackling the first bullet point. For the next 21 days, starting today, I will work to create some positive habits that address some of the other bullet points. For instance, I am working on my health, and time management. For the next 21 days, I will be tracking my actions and interactions that relate to my health and how I balance my time.
This is all in my plan to CREATE AN AMAZING LIFE!