It never occurred to me, until now, that the majority of the time I am making excuses. As I fight to eliminate my biggest demon, the dreaded excess weight on my body, I realize that I’m consistently making excuses. Listening to the audiobook, “Excuses Begone” in the author Dr. Wayne Dyer’s voice is like having a therapy session with someone who understands me far better than my own mother.
Here are the excuses I have made throughout my adulthood pertaining to my weight:
- It’s too difficult to lose.
- I’m concerned about loose skin.
- My schedule makes it hard to prepare healthy foods.
- I’m getting older now, who cares?
- My weight is genetic.
- I simply love too eat food!
- I can’t afford healthy food.
- I have to cook the other stuff for my family.
- So what! I’ve always been a big girl.
- I have a food addiction.
- It’s my thyroid.
- It’s my hernia.
If I think hard enough, I’m sure there are a lot more excuses I’ve used over the years. Truth is – none of these EXCUSES are valid. It simply comes down to me making a decision. To be continued…