A2Z2016 – Forgiveness is Freedom

I’m not sure when I realized the importance of FORGIVENESS in my life – but it’s helped to save my life.

Although I previously confessed (A2Z2016 – Decisions) that I have struggled with making decisions, I can honestly say it’s NEVER the case when it comes to mentally letting someone off the hook.  I don’t stay angry long; however, I am swift to deal with most situations on the spot.  This is one of the traits my mother always admired about me.

I also had to realize quickly that not everyone is able to respond to situations and circumstances the way I do.  Also, it doesn’t make me a better person than the next – just different.

If you offend me, I let you know most times immediately!  Then I move on – depending on the outcome of the situation.  If it’s REALLY SERIOUS, we start the process of analyzing, interpreting, and communicating resolutions.  Yes! Sounds Corporate, doesn’t it?  Well, that is where I learned over the years that communication is 2-way and there is always a solution.

I also learned to quickly check my EGO.  Now, she can become a BEAST if allowed to go untamed!  Once I get her under control and I still feel something inside (feelings are tricky), I simply FORGIVE and move on.  This is when I achieve FREEDOM!

14 Comments

1. Bushka

Excellent, Davina! Though not easy, those last two sentences are essential. Hugs! ❤

2. Ally Bean

I think I’m the same as you. I get angry in the moment, know exactly what’s bothering me… then let the whole thing go later in the day. “Oh well, whatever” is one of my go-to phrases when dealing with people. It’s my way of forgiving them, I guess.

Liked by 1 person

• Davina Lyons

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the video link. It certainly does illustrate my point. An amazing example of redemptive love and forgiveness.💝

Liked by 1 person

3. Keith Sly

It is tough to forgive but the one who does it finds better things and better place to be in later. Freedom is surely one of ’em.

Liked by 1 person