It’s a good thing…

I just saw this featured meme on Twitter and it made me think about my philosophy on meeting people.

My husband and close friends have often commented about my inability to go places without talking to strangers (people in my midst).  Whether it is a grocery store, gas station, parking lot, etc., I am always game to smile and ready to engage.

I find it invaluable to connect with people (not in a weird way).  I don’t want to paint the wrong picture…I am not chasing people down to talk to them.  That would be stalkerish and crazy.  Instead, I follow my inner spirit which guides my decisions on whether or not to engage.  I make eye contact, smile, and wait for the response before I jump to a conversation.  Often, others are engaging me.  I love it!

With each encounter (although a few moments of my schedule are compromised), I walk away better for it in some way.  I learn from people and hopefully they learn from me too.  It’s a good thing!

What do you think?  Do you agree or disagree?

9 Comments

1. hannahbaston

I agree. Its funny how those tiny moments are so important. It’s the smiles from familiar faces and neighbors that remind me I belong.

Liked by 1 person

2. Tikeetha T

Totally agree. I’ve met new people by just engaging in simple conversation. We find out we’re soul sisters and the journey begins.

Liked by 1 person

• Davina Lyons

Hello Cathy Lynn (I’m Davina Lynn) love your middle name 😉. Why do you think you have become more introverted? Just curious… Also, thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate it 💝.

Liked by 1 person

• Cathy Lynn Brooks

My daughter was killed in a car accident two years ago and I found writing helped me. I’ve become more reflective and enjoy solitude. I’m beginning to engage more but I just don’t need to talk as much.

Liked by 1 person

3. thelittlelai: Beyond limits

I can truly relate to this, I sometimes like that, I’m trying to study someone’s eyes and action before I approach. Just to make sure I won’t look stupid in the end. Hahaha