depression: a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
It took me hours just to begin this post. I feel mentally blocked and seemingly paralyzed when it comes to writing. There are no shortage of thoughts running through my mind, but writing is tough at the moment.
I truly believe I am experiencing a form of DEPRESSION.
This past month has really been challenging for me:
- 2/22 – My wisdom tooth extraction was the beginning.
- 2/23 – Pain medicine aggravated my GERD (Acid Reflux Disease)
- 2/24 – Tightness in my chest which soon developed into a deep cough. I treated it like a common cold by taking over-the-counter medicine for a week.
- 3/2 – I had to go to Urgent Care because I couldn’t breathe and began to wheeze with crackling noises coming from my throat. Diagnosis: pneumonia (left lung infiltration).
- 3/12 – A water pipe springs a leak and causes a flood in patio storage and in one of the bedrooms.
I attribute my lack of blogging or working on my book manuscript to these experiences. Although it’s been that type of a month, I have also managed to show up and…
- 3/9 – Participate in a community parade with my students (although bundled up on the back of the pickup truck pulling the parade float). I really wanted to be there in support of my students.
- 3/12 – Attend School Governing Board Meeting (water pipe leak was discovered late night after this meeting).
- 3/14-15 – Prepare for staff potluck and Parent / Teachers Conferences
- 3/17 – Facilitate the One Year Anniversary of TRIBE Authentic Woman Workshop
- 3/18 – 3/22 – Follow-up medical appointments, attended Coaches Lounge for business development, various one on one meetings, and time with my adult son.
- 3/24 – Facilitate the “Core Personal Values Survey” Webinar
Tonight, although I can’t seem to shake this strange feeling, I am determined to at least write about it. For the first time, I am recognizing depression.
Spring Break is officially over. My Truth is that I will miss the time freedom I have enjoyed over the last week.
I am sure that once I return to the classroom and get back into my routine, I will be fine.
If you have bouts of depression or can relate in any way, please share in the comments. I know I am not alone.
Peace and blessings, Davina